Editor : Nagaraj.M.R...............vol.2 ssue.41.....................23/12/2006
Editorial : ANTI DALIT POLICIES OF PRIVATE I.T.Is IN KARNATAKA
-An appeal to H.E. Governor of Karnataka
Recently in the last week , Karnataka lokayukta sleuths have caught redhanded the joint director of DG E&T at
The problem in private I.T.Is are so acute that , certain institutions promoted by people with political connections don’t have adequate training infrastructure for students , staff strength - students to teacher ratio is less than the norm , portions are not thought properly nor completed in time , the students even lack basic necessities like urinals – the fate of girl students only god must assist. The miracle such institutions are functioning since years & have even got government financial grant in aid .
In such private I.T.Is , the corrupt managements have recruited only forward caste people who can pay bribe . the managements in league with corrupt DG E&T officials have extracted bribes from the staff members to secure government grant in aid , also every month the managements recover 25-30% of salary from the staff without any receipt.
The end looser in all these the STUDENTS. How come these private I.T.Is who have only employed forward caste people , lacking adequate teaching infrastructure have got affiliations from the government ? how come they are functioning since years in this fashion ? how come they have got government financial grants , while private I.T.Is run by honest managements providing proper infrastructure to students & employing staff irrespective of religion or caste , are struggling to get government grant in aid ? the miracle is enacted by the people like above stated corrupt ones .
Hereby , HRW urges H.E.GOVERNOR OF KARNATAKA , to provide justice in this case at the earliest. JAI HIND. VANDE MATARAM.
Your’s sincerely ,
APPEALS TO HONOURABLE SUPREME COURT OF
ATROCITIES ON DALITS IN
in the recent past in
Just on the eve of babasaheb's death anniversary , all the accussed in the kambalapalli dalit massacre , Karnataka were let free , by the court. What type of justice is this ?
Now take for instance TADA cases , in Karnataka-tamilnadu border forest area forest brigand veerappan was looting forest resources. Police failed for long to apprehend him , to cover-up their own inefficiencies police simply used to round-up grownups on one pretext or the other. You must remember that there was no terrorism in that area still TADA provisions were invoked , innocents tribals , dalits were tortured by police . they filed TADA cases on grounds like you have supplied food , you have stitched veerappan's clothes, etc. these acts even if true does not amount to terrorism.
On the other side ,
Bottomline : if one is a rich crook in
3RD DEGREE TORTURE PERPETRATED BY POLICE IN INDIA- Gross violations of human rights by police
At the outset , HRW salutes the few honest police personnel who are silently doing their duties inspite of pressures , harassment by political bosses & corrupt superiors , inspite of frequent transfers , promotion holdups , etc. overcoming the lure of bribe ,those few are silently doing their duties without any publicity or fanfare. we salute them & pay our respects to them and hereby appeal to those few honest to catch their corrupt colleagues.
The police are trained , to crack open the cases of crimes by just holding onto a thread of clue. Based on that clue they investigate like "Sherlock holmes" and apprehend the real criminals. nowadays , when police are under various pressures , stresses – they are frequently using 3rd degree torture methods on innocents. Mainly there are 3 reasons for this :
1) when the investigating officer (I.O) lacks the brains of Sherlock holmes , to cover-up his own inefficiency he uses 3rd degree torture on innocents.
2) When the I.O is biased towards rich , powerful crooks , to frame innocents & to extract false confessions from them , 3rd degree torture is used on innocents.
3) When the I.O is properly doing the investigations , but the higher-ups need very quick results – under work stress I.O uses 3rd degree torture on innocents.
Nowhere in statuette books , police are legally authorized to punish let alone torture the detainees / arrested / accussed / suspects. Only the judiciary has the right to punish the guilty not the police. Even the judiciary doesn't have the right to punish the accussed / suspects , then how come police are using 3rd degree torture unabetted. Even during encounters , police only have the legal right , authority to immobilize the opponents so as to arrest them but not to kill them.
There is a reasoning among some sections of society & police that use of 3RD DEGREE TORTURE by police is a detterent of crimes. It is false & biased. Take for instance there are numerous scams involving 100's of crores of public money – like stock scam , fodder scam , etc involving rich businessmen , VVIP crooks. Why don't police use 3rd degree torture against such rich crooks and recover crores of public money where as the police use 3rd degree torture against a pick-pocketer to recover hundred rupees stolen ? double standards by police.
In media we have seen numerous cases of corrupt police officials in league with criminals. For the sake of bribe , such police officials bury cases , destroy evidences , go slow , frame innocents , murder innocents in the name of encounter , etc. why don't police use 3rd degree torture against their corrupt colleagues who are aiding criminals , anti nationals ? double standards by police.
All the bravery of police is shown before poor , innocents , tribals , dalits , before them police give the pose of heroes. Whereas , before rich , VVIP crooks , they are zeroes. They are simply like scarecrows before rich crooks.
Torture in any form by anybody is inhuman & illegal. For the purpose of investigations police have scientific investigative tools like polygraph, brain mapping , lie detector , etc. these scientific tools must be used against rich crooks & petty criminals without bias.
On "world human rights day"(
1) to book cases of murder against police personnel who use 3rd degree torture on detainees and kill detainees in the name of encounter killings.
2) To dismiss such inhuman , cruel personnel from police service and to forfeit all monetary benefits due to them like gratuity , pension , etc.
3) To pay such forfeited amount together with matching government contribution as compensation to family of the victim's of 3rd degree torture & encounter killings.
4) To review , all cases where false confessions were extracted from innocents by 3rd degree torture.
5) To make liable the executive magistrate of the area , in whose jurisdiction torture is perpetrated by police on innocents.
6) To make it incumbent on all judicial magistrates ,to provide a torture free climate to all parties , witnesses in cases before his court.
7) To make public the amount & source of ransom money paid to forest brigand veerappan to secure the release of matinee idol mr. raj kumar.
8) To make public justice A.J.Sadashiva's report on "torture of tribals , human rights violations by Karnataka police in M.M.HILLS , KARNATAKA".
9) To make it mandatory for police to use scientific tools of investigations like brain mapping , polygraph , etc without bias against suspects rich or poor.
10) To include human rights education in preliminary & refresher training of police personnel.
11) To recruit persons on merit to police force who have aptitude & knack for investigations.
12) To insulate police from interference from politicians & superiors.
13) To make police force answerable to a neutral apex body instead of political bosses. Such body must be empowered to deal with all service matters of police.
14) The political bosses & the society must treat police in a humane manner and must know that they too have practical limitations. Then on a reciprocal basis , police will also treat others humanely.
15) The police must be relieved fully from the sentry duties of biggies & must be put on detective , investigative works.
LEGAL IMMUNITY VS LEGAL PROSECUTION
We at HRW , have highest regard & respects for the honest few in public service & parliament. It is only due to the sincere efforts of those honest few , wheel of democracy is turning in
Hereby , we urge the GOI & all state governments to answer the following questions :
1) how many present MPs , MLAs are facing criminal charges ? how many in the past year wise ?what type ?
2) how many MPs , MLAs are absconders in police records , but are very much present in the house ?
3) how impartiality of investigations is ensured in such cases ?
4) why brain mapping , lie detector tests , etc are not used on such tainted public servants to elicit truth , instead of forming committees , CBI enquiry which takes years spending crores finally returning empty handed ?
5) how many MPs , MLAs , film stars , sports persons have attended parties hosted by anti-national dawood ibrahim abroad ?
6) how wealth growth of public servants is monitored ?
7) what action has been taken about former union minister mr.subramaniam swamy's complaint that late prime minister rajiv gandhi's family received funds from foreign intelligence agency ?
8) what action about KGB officer mitrokhin's revelation in his book that , highest persons in GOI were working for foreign intelligence outfits ? are they still ?
9) what action about former union minister mr.natwar singh's complaint of a leak in PMO which leaked out
10) how many MPs , MLAs occupied offices of profit prior to recent amendment to the same section ? yearwise ?
11) why all of them were not disqualified from the membership of the house ?
12) how you monitor MPs , MLAs of foreign origin or having spouses of foreign origin or having foreign friends , acquaintances while in
13) how many bills passed by the parliament / state legislatures approved by the president / governors are pending enforcement due to delay in gazette notification ? year wise ? delay ?